Arizonans for Children Inc., incorporated as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit, exists to facilitate opportunities and provide effective solutions to alleviate hardships and improve the fragile lives of the abused, abandoned, and neglected children in foster care.
It is a tragedy, in this present time, far too many children continue to find their well being jeopardized. As of December 2016 there are over 17,500 children in foster care in Arizona.
While removing children from their dangerous family setting provides needed safety, entering the foster care system does not assure a “normal childhood.” This challenging journey often involves multiple moves, inconsistent care giving, and emotional trauma stemming from feeling helpless and isolated.
Sensitive to the day-to-day needs of children in protective custody, AFC has developed programs designed to help stabilize and bring comfort to their complicated lives.
In addition to the priceless gifts of time, energy and love, AFC provides abused, neglected and abandoned children with:
- Three Children’s Visitation Centers located in Phoenix, Mesa and Peoria that provide safe and fun places for family visits
- Toys, clothing and other special needs items.
- Admission Tickets to sporting events, the Ballet, Arizona Diamondbacks, Phoenix Art Museum, etc.
- New and used Luggage
- Tutor Mentor Program
- Boy Scout Program
- Educational Classes: sewing, computer, dancing, cooking, Justice League, Financial Literacy
- Special Events such as monthly birthday parties, Days of Beauty, swimming, bowling, ice skating, roller skating parties, laser tag, Enchanted Island, Train Park Picnic, Holiday parties etc.
To learn how you can contribute gifts of time and money to the most vulnerable citizens of Arizona, please contact Kaye at (480) 838-0085 or email Contact Us